Northern Ireland to showcase its exciting edtech cluster at Bett 2017
• For the first time there is a Northern Ireland pavilion at Bett, organised by Invest Northern Ireland
• The pavilion will showcase six of the region’s exciting edtech companies
• The aim is to promote the breadth and depth of Northern Ireland’s edtechexpertise and increase national and international business relationships
Invest Northern Ireland (Invest NI), the main economic development agency for this part of the UK, will have a Northern Ireland pavilion for the first time at Bett 2017, to showcase six of the region’s exciting and upcoming edtech companies, and to promote trade with Northern Ireland.
Helping new and existing businesses compete internationally, Invest NI is excited to be bringing Go-Berserk, Makematic, Qubizm, Synergy Learning, TakeTen Ltd and Wholeschool Software Ltd to ExCeL London for Bett in January 2017.
The six companies will be showcasing a wealth of edtech expertise and knowledge at the event. Each has its own area of specialism across the primary and secondary education sectors:
• Go-Berserk develops resources to help teach coding to children from the age of eight;
• Makematic develops original, engaging and practical short-form video content for use in the classroom - all focused on creative and digital skills;
• Qubizm specialises in the teaching and learning of mathematics using its active learning device, Izak9;
• Synergy Learning is a leading provider of open-source learning management system solutions for educational, commercial and public organisations;
• TakeTen’s app is designed to help develop the skill of self-regulation to help students manage their emotions and improve concentration; and
• Wholeschool Software is an education platform that supports school improvement, integrated learning and online training.
Alison Gowdy, director of trade at Invest NI, explains why exhibiting at Bett was a priority for the organisation: “Globally, we’ve certainly seen a boom in the edtech sector recently and this has had a ripple effect on Northern Ireland. Our growing edtech cluster is well positioned to take advantage of the projected growth in the global market. Bett isa leading edtech exhibition with global reach, so it’s the perfect platform for these companies to share their vision with the rest of the world.
“We’re looking forward to speaking to visitors, exhibitors and education game-changers at the show, and exploring the ways in which we can work together going forward.”
Visit the Northern Ireland pavilion at Bett, Stand C105 or visit InvestNI.com/Bett for more information.