Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we are now working from home. We are still happy to receive PR's, please email them to us or if you need to contact us urgently please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin Craig Education
Tailored Small Group Tuition For Schools – GCSE & A Level
Engage Students – Support Teachers – Demonstrate Progress
We can help improve your students’ mindset and performance in exams, by providing tailored tuition in a stimulating, small group environment.
With over 35 years experience of working with schools and parents, Justin Craig has a proven track record of helping students perform their best on exam day.
Why use Justin Craig Education?
We help your students:
- Catch up with revision or fill knowledge gaps
- Build expertise in exam technique and key subject skills
- Improve their confidence and attitude regarding their ability to succeed
- Increase their self motivation to study and revise
We support your teachers and school:
- Supports teacher wellbeing by alleviating some of the pressure on teachers’ time
- Provides Department Heads with an alternative high quality, flexible and cost effective tuition option, which is proven to work to increase grades
- Enables Schools to give additional, highly targeted help to individual students or specific groups of students
“GCSE results improved in all subjects supported by Justin Craig; Maths, Science, French and Spanish. I unreservedly recommend the Justin Craig School GCSE revision programme”
Joan Deslandes, Headteacher, Kingsford Community School
What We Do?
We work with schools to design the best programme to help their GCSE & A Level students maximise their potential with less stress. We offer significant choice to schools on the content, location, duration and timing of courses, including the option of courses on school premises.
Furthermore, all our courses are:
- led by experienced tutors, (teachers, heads of departments, examiners and professional tutors)
- comprised of small groups (maximum 9 students recommended) to optimise learning effectiveness
- designed in partnership with the school and tailored to fit specific requirements.
Who is it for?
With continual pressure to raise attainment levels year on year, a growing number of schools use Justin Craig Education to help Year 10-13 students maximise results. Schools also frequently use our courses for disadvantaged students, using Pupil Premium funding to help students achieve significant grade uplifts. The Education Endowment Foundation toolkit lists Small Group Revision as one of the most effective ways to help disadvantaged children achieve better grades. Our small group courses support students with minimum impact on school staff and show a clear audit trail for pupil premium spend.
Our courses are designed to complement school work and encourage Year 10-13 students to overcome their personal academic challenges. This exam-focused learning consolidates knowledge, enhances exam technique and builds confidence.
The focus of school revision courses varies between individual schools. However, generally our schools are looking for support in the following areas:
- Underachieving students
- High achieving students
- Borderline grade students
- Gifted and talented students
- Accelerated learning programmes
By providing reassurance, structure and knowledge to students, we help students overcome their personal academic challenges and provide a springboard for further learning, revision and exam preparation.
“We wanted to improve our pupil premium students’ grades and sent 28 of our students to study some key subjects that required attention. The courses far surpassed our expectations - with everyone improving their grades over and above previous results.” Laura McGregor, Baylis Court School
Justin Craig aims to help students and schools by working in tandem with teachers to complement and build on work already taking place in the classroom, whilst also reducing their workload.
Our tutors are teachers who excel in their subject, specialising in GCSEand A Level teaching. 97% of our tutors work in mainstream education, with many examiners and Heads of Department. All have up to date knowledge of the exam curriculum and exam requirements, and create a lively, vibrant, inclusive environment in our classes.
We recruit only the best tutors. In addition to being subject experts, our tutors are:
- skilled at establishing what your students know and need, building on their subject knowledge and closing the gaps
- resourceful and well prepared, with the ability to create a flexible programme according to student/school requirements
- knowledgeable about examiner requirements and able to demonstrate strategies to achieve maximum marks, for example, by explaining how to interpret questions, identify key command words and formulate appropriate responses
- inspiring and motivational, helping to promote independent learning, time management and revision techniques beyond the course
“Students were enthused by the excellent tutors who reinforced their understanding of key concepts across the unit. The result has been enhanced levels of confidence and improved performances in mock examinations (by two grades in some cases)” Samson
- 97% of students believe our courses achieved or exceeded their expectations
- 90% of students rated their tutor as either 4 or 5, out of 5
- 93% of students would recommend our courses to a close friend
“Our tutor was really good, I asked for him specifically because we had him last year and he helped massively. He gives good feedback and information and echoes what I’ve been telling the pupils about skills and ways to hit the marks but he does it in his own way which reinforces what needs to be done.
I cannot speak highly enough of his resources and his work, and in all honesty I have not been impressed with other experts from other providers. Everyone I have come into contact with at Justin Craig has been so helpful and understanding - you should all be proud of your customer service and work.”
Erhan Bora, Head of RS and Sociology, Goffs Academy
For further information, call our Schools Team on 01727 744340 or email email@example.com.