Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we are now working from home. We are still happy to receive PR's, please email them to us or if you need to contact us urgently please email: email@example.com
HCL school caterers honoured at awards ceremony
HCL (Hertfordshire Catering Ltd), the leading school caterer in Hertfordshire celebrated the talent of its staff at a glittering awards ceremony, on Friday 17thMay at Ashridge House, Berkhamsted.
All 36 shortlisted nominees, and those who nominated them, attended the Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony hosted by Paul Martin, a member of the world-famous Magic Circle and award winning AIMC with Silver Star. Paul, a master magician and mind reader, ensured that everyone at the 5thannual awards ceremony celebrated their achievements in style.
The 14 category awards, all sponsored by HCL’s valued suppliers, were presented to those who had provided outstanding service and showed initiative, innovation and creativity in their role. The awards were presented to HCL catering teams, contract managers and mobile workers by the award sponsors.
Ian Hamilton, Chief Executive of HCL and a member of this year’s judging panel, said: “I’d like to thank everyone and congratulate the winners for their commitment and dedication and for making HCL such an inspiring company to be involved with. We have so many talented staff at HCL, I am proud of every single one of them.”
The dazzling HCL awards celebrate the professionalism and the skills within HCL’s workforce. An unprecedented 130 nominations came in from Head Teachers, Business Managers, and HCL Management in recognition of the outstanding performance and contribution to the organisation individual colleagues and teams of HCL staff have made.
Ian added: “Our staff are our greatest asset; they have a great passion for what they do and have a huge commitment to the schools they work with. Our awards ceremony is just one of the ways we celebrate them and the outstanding contribution they make.”
Award winners included:
• Chef Manager of the Year (Secondary School) sponsored by MorBeans – Charlotte Theophani, The Reach Free School
• Secondary / Academy Catering Team of the year sponsored by Love Joes – Tring School
• Operational Manager sponsored by Bidfood – Kirsty Yearsley, HCL
• Special Contribution Award sponsored by Hobart UK – HCL Mobilisation Team
• Mobile Workforce Award sponsored by W.V. Howe Limited – Carrie Tyson, HCL
• Delivering Service Excellence sponsored by Premier Foods – HCL Commercial Operations Team
• Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region A sponsored by UK Foodhall – Skyswood Primary and Nursery School
• Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region B sponsored by McCain – The Cranbourne Primary School
• Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region C sponsored by Unilever – Swing Gate Infant School and Nursery
• Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools), Region A sponsored by Histon Produce – Kelly Ferry, St Michael’s Woolmer Green School
• Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools), Region B sponsored by Quorn – Virginia Hussey, Northaw C of E Primary School
• Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools), Region C sponsored by Green Gourmet – Joanne Butcher, Bushey and Oxhey Infants School
• HCL Partner of the Year sponsored by HCL- Lawrence More, Willis Jenkins Commercial Kitchen Design & Supply Solutions
- HCL Outstanding Recognition Award - sponsored by HCL – The Reach Free School and Oak View Primary and Nursery School