Don’t just book an activity, gain an experience & get Back to Wilderness in East Anglia
Back to Wilderness is a high quality Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness educational centre of excellence in the heart of East Anglia. We provide a conduit for all ages & abilities to reconnect with nature in a safe, topical, fun & memorable way, all while learning serious survival skills!
Back to Wilderness holds the Learning outside the classroom (LOtC) Quality Badge, which is a national benchmark that accredits providers of learning outside the classroom offering good quality educational experiences and managing risk effectively. The Outdoor Education Advisers’ Panel has endorsed the award and ask that their Local Authority members request that teachers look for the LOtC Quality Badge, when planning educational visits.
Research shows that children learn best through real world experiences. Our activities are designed to help develop self-confidence, problem solving, self-reliance, adaptability & team work, all “real life skills” experienced through interaction & engagement outside of the classroom setting.
LOtC is most successful when it is an integral element of long-term curriculum planning and closely linked to classroom activities. When planned and implemented well, LOtC contributes significantly to the raising of standards and improvements to pupils' personal, social and emotional development.
LOtC is effective in delivering learning outcomes across all areas of the curriculum including literacy, numeracy, science, history, geography and IT and has the most impact when opportunities to learn outside the classroom are frequent, continuous and progressive.
Working with us, we can:
- Help to design your activity to meet your needs, making things as clear and easy as possible for you.
- Provide flexibility, options & assistance with planning & delivery, to best suit your budget.
- Work with you to link activities to the National Curriculum, where possible – supporting the Department of Education’s “My Activity Passport”
- Suggest content for all Key Stages or assist with research into new areas of interest.
- Facilitate one-off or longer-term progressive activities for staff or pupils.
- Provide teacher training, to help facilitate progressive in-house development.
- Help seek solutions to address location constraints to accommodate your specific needs.
- Provide ongoing support after delivery.
Content wise, we offer a range of core Survival Skill activities, such as:
- Fire Lighting
- Shelter Building
- Foraging – Tree, Plant & Resource Identification
- Campfire Cooking
- Game preparation
- Water Sourcing & Purification
- & bespoke activities tailored just for you.
Additionally, as we are based in High Lodge, Thetford Forest, there are also options to collaborate with other onsite learning providers & activities such as Look out Archery, Go Ape & bike hire – giving you complete flexibility to make your day a truly well-rounded experience to be remembered!
If that’s not enough, licensed under Survival School, Back to Wilderness is also able to provide Level 1 and 2 courses accredited by the NCFE.
Survival School Level 1 Bushcraft Qualification NCFE CQ ACCREDITED – Suitable for KS2 & above
- Survival School Level 2 Bushcraft Qualification NCFE CQ ACCREDITED – Suitable for KS3 & above
For more details or to book, please contact Ray on 07833 182 180 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Learnt through Desire, Built on Professionalism, Delivered with Passion – Get www.BacktoWilderness.co.uk
All pictures courtesy of ©GTS Photography