8 tips on how to beat back-to-school anxiety and sleep better
- Practice breathing exercises - If you’re feeling anxious, try taking slow deep breaths; calmly inhaling for 4 seconds through your nose, then exhaling for the same via your mouth
- Try an anxiety relieving traditional herbal remedy, such as Kalms Lavender – Lavender oil has a long-standing association with relieving symptoms of mild anxiety, such as stress and nervousness
- Exercise it out – Exercising for just one minute can give you the same benefits as between 90 and 120 minutes of relaxation, thanks to the ‘’feel good’ endorphins that are released.
- Share your worries – talking to a trusted family member or friend can make your worries seem less dauting and help you realise you are not alone
- Embrace a meditation practice – Meditation helps to calm the mind and body, combat stress and improve your sleep. If you’re new to meditation, start of small and increase your mediation sessions over time
- Ditch the caffeine and try a traditional herbal remedy, such as Kalms Night – Drift off to sleep peacefully and wake up ready to face the day ahead. Valerian root has been used for centuries due to its herbal sedative effect
- Rewind your day – Reliving the mundane details of your day in reverse can help you to order you worries and aid your mental state ready for sleep.
- Write it down – Keep a sleep journal, ‘I can’t sleep because I’m worried about…’
About Kalms Lavender
Kalms Lavender One-A-Day Capsules is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the temporary relief of the symptoms of mild anxiety such as stress and nervousness, exclusively based on long standing use as a traditional herbal remedy. Always read the label.
Kalms Lavender One-A-Day capsules are available in Boots, Asda and online at www.kalmsrange.com
About Kalms Night
Kalms Night and Kalms Night One-A-Night are traditional herbal medicinal products used for temporary relief of sleep disturbances exclusively based on long standing use as traditional remedies. Contain Valerian Root. Always read the label.
Kalms Night tablets are available to purchase from supermarkets and online at www.kalmsrange.com
Kalms Night RRP: £5.17 for 50 tablets, Kalms One-A-Night RRP £5.49 for 21 tablets.